Student Reactions to the New Superintendent

Rebecca Shin, Writer

Following Dr. Fowler’s resignation, Robby Parker earned his selection as the Superintendent of Madison City Schools.

Recently, the Madison City School Board of Education chose Robby Parker as the new superintendent of the school system. Starting out as a social studies teacher at Bob Jones High School, Parker was appointed after having almost 30 years of experience in Madison City Schools. His extensive history in the school system gave Parker an advantage in the search for a new superintendent. With his hands-on knowledge of Madison City’s own classrooms as a teacher and as a former  principal, his insight may serve as an asset to schools in the district. Students at Bob Jones are especially excited for their former principal’s new position. Some can remember his long morning announcements and his signature motto: “Bob Jones is the best dad-gum high school in the state!” The reactions of students are overall positive about the news of Mr. Parker stepping up as the head of the system.

Niya Woods, a senior, said, “He had it in the bag. I think he’ll be a good superintendent.”

Junior Ivy Broadway said, “I think it was biased, but I’m not against it. I think that he’s been waiting for a long time, and he deserves it.”

Abby Bates, a senior, believes that “Robby Parker is the right fit because everyone in the school system is already comfortable with him… it’ll be a smooth transition.”

Another senior, Zach Doherty, added, “Good for him. I think he deserves it.”

The students believe that Mr. Parker’s climb to being the Superintendent is well deserved and overall, extend him a warm welcome.