Is Donald Trump What America Needs?

Zachary Langston, Writer

It has finally come true. After years of rumors of Donald Trump’s plans to run for president, it has become a reality. The Trump cannot be stumped.

Donald Trump is running for president and is wildly popular among many voters in the United States. He is ridiculously high in the polls, beating out other Republican candidates by miles. Ben Carson is five percent behind Trump in the polls, but he is the only candidate who is even remotely close. He continues to stay at the top no matter what offensive, racist, or borderline insane things he says.

“He should have the right to say what he wants, that part is written in the constitution,” Kevin Alves, a freshman at Bob Jones said. “However, whatever consequences he faces are on him. Unfortunately, our country does not see it that way anymore.”

“If you’re going to be in politics, then you need to be polite so that deals go through,” Devin Weese, another freshman at Bob Jones said. “Trump does not have that ability to be polite to others.”

No one seems to understand that the reason for this is his refusal to apologize. Do you remember Howard Dean? After finishing third place in Iowa during 2004, he gave a speech with a passionate scream. It was deemed too much and Dean was never relevant again. He even apologized later after giving that speech, but it was too late. This is what no one can seem to get Trump to do. The media is trying to bring him down, but he spins every shot fired at him into a joke and does not apologize. Trump rose higher in the polls the day after Fox news hosted the debate where it seemed that Trump was finally going to drop in the polls. He is bold and does not back down from what he believes in. He seems truly passionate about his views and he is convinced he is doing the best for the United States of America.

I disagree with most, if not all, of his political views, but I still feel like I can relate to him. I am very confident that he would run this country right into the ground during his presidency, but I am drawn to his boldness and personality. The Trump just can’t be stumped.