Journey to Prom

Anna Deaton, Writer

Prom is right around the corner and everyone is getting ready for a magical night. The Prom Committee, who spent hours working on this year’s theme, is comprised of the Junior Executive Board.

Peter Pan inspired the Prom Committee students when creating this year’s theme, “Journey to Neverland”.

Executive Board Officer Aija Abele said, “Decorations will resemble major parts from the Peter Pan story. For example, part of the room is merit lagoons and another is the London skyline.”

This year’s theme has everyone excited to travel into Neverland for an adventure full of mermaids, pirates, and fairies.

One major change this year is the location. Instead of the Von Braun Center, the dance is being held at the Westin at Bridge Street. Juniors and seniors are excited and feel this will add a further element of sophistication to their night.

Some say that the best part of prom is getting dressed up for the night and being with friends. For most juniors, this is their first Prom, filling them with excitement and hope for their night.

Janice Hendrick, a junior at Bob Jones, said, “I have joined a group for us to go out to eat with and take pictures with to get the whole ‘Prom’ experience.”

Prom is the last high school dance seniors will attend, making it a memorable, yet bittersweet, night.

Lexi Koger, a nominee for prom queen, said, “I’m sad and emotional about this being our last high school dance because it has gone by so fast. Just yesterday it feels like I was getting picked up for freshman homecoming.”

Here is a list of the other prom court candidates for the 2016-17 school year:

Junior Boys
Sam Barnes
Sam Barr
Price Howard
Jaylen Williams
Junior Girls
Emily Jenkins
Kassidy Locke
Chloe Smith
Caroline White
Senior Boys
Brad Anderson
Alex Clark
Ford Luttrell
Viral Patel
Deivi Bucio
Paul Hildebrand
Senior Girls
Alaina Bransford
Carsen Grant
Abigail Hubbard
Lexi Koger
Madison Collum
Audrie Broadway