Boys Basketball Interested in More Than Jets

Sean Brunner, Writer

Unhappy, sorrowful, dejected, depressed, downcast, miserable, down, despondent, despairing, disconsolate, desolate, wretched, glum. These were some of the feelings that Coach Aderholt and the Bob Jones Patriot boys’ basketball team felt last year after they fell 56-53, to Bessemer City in the finals of Northwest Regional in Hanceville.

This year Coach Aderholt and the Bob Jones Patriot boys’ basketball team want to go beyond Hanceville and achieve the Championship in Birmingham. When asked about the loss, Coach Aderholt responded, “The loss last year in the Elite Eight was great motivation to where we want to get every year, and to even get past Wallace State to Birmingham.” Coach Aderholt and the Bob Jones Patriot boys’ basketball team have a great chance of doing that this year.

The Bob Jones Patriot basketball team is led by six seniors, and they are undoubtedly the leaders of the team because of their experience level and maturity on the court and off it. Six seniors is a lot of leadership to be losing next year, but Coach Aderholt still thinks we will look good in the coming years, because of 5 juniors, 1 sophomore, and 3 extremely talented freshman on the roster. Coach Aderholt said, “I think moving forward we have an opportunity to string together some really good years without having much of a drop off.”

This past Friday, the team beat our rival, the James Clemens Jets. Coach Aderholt loves the rivalry and had this to say about it, “It’s always a great atmosphere and a very competitive game.  I can’t single out one player because every player on our team has an important role. Each role is important to the success of our basketball team.”

If our Bob Jones Patriots can fulfill their roles, we’ll see Bob Jones cutting down the nets in Birmingham next year.