Tracking Progress: Track Promises a Strong Season

Kiandra Davis, Writer

This year, our Bob Jones Track & Field team has had a spectacular start, even with the addition of a brand new coach. Track season started in January for Indoor.

According to http://al.milesplit.com/teams/BOJO, girls placed 7th in the AHSAA State Indoor 1A-7A meet out of 17 teams, boys placed 9th out of 20 teams. Even though the Indoor season didn’t last long, it was a great start for the team and helped prepare them for the Outdoor season. A former runner at Bob Jones responded to the change, “The track program has changed tremendously, to be honest. I’m very thankful that Mr. Parker gave Coach Jefferson this opportunity. I appreciate everything he’s doing for the team.”

The first Outdoor meet was held here at Bob Jones on March 7th.  Starting off this meet, Girls 4×1 placed 3rd and Boys placed 1st. Ending the meet, Girls and Boys both placed 1st in the Redcoat Invitational Meet.

Coach Jefferson, the Head Coach of Track & Field spoke about this new beginning, “After observing the work we have done for the last two months, I am further convinced that we are going in the right direction. I really appreciate that the students have taken so much of their time to make Bob Jones Track Program complete. We will be successful with students like this.” He also went on to say, “The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tells you to stop, but you must be strong. You need to push your body. You must handle the pain with strategy. It is not age. It is not diet. It is the will to succeed.”

He continues, “When I stand before God at the end of life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, “I used everything you gave me Lord.””

Coach Jefferson has strong feelings about this great opportunity. “I love what I do! We are Bob Jones! Thanks to Mr. Parker for allowing me to be where my heart is, working with kids!”

Regarding information about any track meet results, you can visit http://al.milesplit.com/.