New Club! Art Innovation Society

Tiffany Wu, Writer

Have you wanted to participate in a club where you can do projects related to arts and crafts? Last year, the only visual arts club at Bob Jones was the National Art Honor Society with Mrs. Lakso. This year, a group of friends decided that they wanted to have an art club where you could actually make arts and crafts during the club, compared to service projects related to art. Throughout the school year, they hope to participate in varies activities like traditional painting, modern crafts, and maybe even edible art, too! Recently, this semester, they have worked on origami, sidewalk chalk, DIY magnets, and sculpting animals with clay.

People should join the club not only for artistic talent, but to relax and hang out with friends. It is also a great way to practice one’s art skills and get some ideas for just when they are bored!” exclaims Samantha Siwko, a sophomore at Bob Jones. She is very enthusiastic about this new club and encourages her classmates to join it too. Even if you aren’t the best at arts or crafts, this is the perfect opportunity for everyone at Bob Jones to learn. In the future, the Art Innovation Society may partner with the Discovery Middle School Art Club for several projects. The time spent during the meetings is also an awesome way to spend time with your friends that have similar interest or make some new friends. This new club is perfect for anyone to attend, for a variety of different reasons.

The Art Innovation Society meets Tuesdays after school. It is from 3:30-4:30 every week in Mrs. Norton’s room A116. The club fee is only $10 to cover the cost of materials over the school year. Although they have already had several meetings, it is not too late to join this new art club!