The 100 Season 4: The End of the World… Again!

Belle Ivey, Writer

With two weeks left before the season 4 premiere of The 100, many wonder how this season will turn out. The science and action tv show is set 97 years after a nuclear destruction destroyed civilizations. The humans who made it into space before the bomb were forced to send 100 delinquent teenagers back down to Earth to see if it is survivable from the radiation. After landing, the teens realize that they aren’t the only ones who survived the nuclear destruction, so they are left to not only adapt to the fresh ground but also defend themselves from the “Grounders.”

In season two, the rest of the people in space make it down to Earth safely and by the end of the season, Grounders and Sky People are on somewhat good terms.

In season three’s twist, a hologram woman named Allie appears to a man at the “CIty of Light” she introduces him to this new world inside everyone’s mind. Throughout the season he discreetly begins to brainwash many people to take the pill for the mind paradise. At the end of season three, she is defeated by a main character named Clarke. Before the final episode ends, Clarke learns that Earth is becoming extremely radiated and only have about 6 months until it’s all polluted.

The trailer for the season 4 shows many tragedies from the radiation. It didn’t show much so fans and viewers of the show are anticipating the season premiere.

“I think the trailer is vague enough to where it doesn’t give anything too important away but it shows some bits that make me want to watch the show to see what happens,” said freshman Hannah Johnson.

For season 4, the trailer conveyed a whole different message for the show. Instead of it showing the characters fighting each other for land, they are fighting against something that is unstoppable: nuclear radiation.

Freshman Jonathan Luchini explained, “I feel like the other seasons were just there to lead to this one and that this season is going to be really important to the series.”

Although many viewers are on edge from the intense and action-packed trailer, they all are excited to see how the show will play out.

Will the radiation kill off all the people on Earth? Watch the season premiere on February 1st to see how it will turn out!