Stranger Things Review

Stranger Things Review

Caitlin Kiker, Writer

The Netflix original series Stranger Things is a thrill ride for the majority who have watched it. The phenomenal group of directors and actors make sure to keep people on their feet with spine-chilling events, realistic effects, and an incredible story line. Stranger Things is about a group of boys who live in a small town of Indiana in 1983. Will, one from the group (acted by Noah Schnapp), is claimed to be missing after heading home one night. The group of friends, along with his family, go looking for him. While searching, the boys, his mother, and the chief of police find evidence of supernatural occurrences and trails of a mysterious girl who is named Eleven (acted by Millie Bobby Brown).

This series, produced by the Duffer Brothers, has an outstanding rating of 96% on Rotten Tomatoes. It also won awards, and the actors have been recognized for their performances and celebrity status. It is a great show, no doubt, but what keeps it from being perfect? Several students from Bob Jones High School, took a survey to express what their opinions were, and how the show could improve. 

Chloe Henderson, a sophomore at the school, said, “It’s storyline is really good and the acting is seriously AMAZING all those kids are so young and they’re killing it!” Chloe also explained, “That there’s probably some confusion, but it’s supposed to be that way.”

Tracy Benson, another sophomore from the school, replied similarly. “I think there is some confusion, but I feel it will unravel itself if you keep watching.” Giving away any details might spoil it for those who haven’t watched it yet, so just know that your initial confusion will be worth it in the end.

Most of the students agreed there were questionable parts in the story which would leave people to ask if they’re necessary. Besides the confusion, there were no complaints on the effects or the acting. Even the soundtracks are great.

Both Seasons 1 and 2 are worth binging.