PS4 Lacking? Try Yakuza.

Nick Schenk, Writer

The Yakuza games are one of SEGA’s most popular franchises with a cast of unique characters, suspenseful storylines, and all-in-all unusual side quests and and side stories. But today we’re talking about Yakuza 0, which is a prequel to the main series, and by far one of the best PS4 games of 2017. The story of 0 takes place in 1988 Japan, and revolves around the characters Kazuma Kiryu and Goro Majima, who both have different roles, but both have key roles that progress the main story.

In a survey, out of 33 people at Bob Jones High School had not played the game, while only one person had even heard about it, so this a perfect time to pick it up, because if you like serious, gangster dramas, then you’ll enjoy the game as much as many have, but fair warning, it is rated M for mature, and has quite a few “adult themes”, but it’s still worth a play.

There are a couple things that I feel like the localization team could’ve done is explain the cultural differences that are expressed in the game, since most foreign players won’t understand what a “Yakuza” is and explain what types of traditions are seen throughout the game, but for the most part, I feel like it doesn’t alienate non-Japanese players, while still having the same feeling the original game had, and I definitely recommend it to anyone who likes a good gang drama, or like weird and ridiculous kind of things, since Yakuza 0 has a good mix of both, and if the story seems short, there’s so many things to do after beating the main story.

Here are some reviews from people who played and enjoyed the game. A user (Pauboman) from MetaCritic said, “One of the best in Yakuza series and a must have for 2017. A thrilling experience that combines both drama and action in a cinematic experience and updated with a superb and renovated fighting style, I hope everyone could enjoy a game like this.”

Bob Jones student Julie Lee, gave her opinions about the game, saying, “I liked everything about the game, and I loved the story, and my favorite character was Majima.”

I couldn’t recommend this game enough, and it’s definitely a must-have if you have a PS4, and you can get it at any place that sells games for a moderate price.

• PS4 Lacking? Try Yakuza.

Arts & Entertainment

Look What You Made Her Do: Reputation Concert Review

• PS4 Lacking? Try Yakuza.

Arts & Entertainment

Netflix Originals: Worth the Hype?

• PS4 Lacking? Try Yakuza.

Arts & Entertainment

Rome to Greece: Food Review

• PS4 Lacking? Try Yakuza.

Arts & Entertainment

Distractions.

• PS4 Lacking? Try Yakuza.

Arts & Entertainment

Incredibly, Pixar Gives Us A Sequel That We Want

• PS4 Lacking? Try Yakuza.

Arts & Entertainment

The Best Low-Budget Movies to Watch This Summer

• PS4 Lacking? Try Yakuza.

Arts & Entertainment

Mad about All the Basic Chicken?

• PS4 Lacking? Try Yakuza.

Arts & Entertainment

Infinity War Kills the Hearts of Many, Not Only Their Characters (Spoilers)

• PS4 Lacking? Try Yakuza.

Arts & Entertainment

Met Gala 2018

• PS4 Lacking? Try Yakuza.

Arts & Entertainment

Is This America?

PS4 Lacking? Try Yakuza.