PewDiePie v.s. T-Series: Who Will Prevail?

Tyler Silvia, Writer

In the most recent of times, there has been a serious debate impacting the lives of millions. That debate is PewDiePie v.s. T-Series. This debate has been going strong since the beginning of September. However, with every day that has passed, the debate has grown stronger and stronger. You can’t even go throughout the world without hearing someone say, “Sub to Pewds,” or “Sub to T-Series.” While it has become a joke, it still a very recent event. In fact, you can check out the live sub count for both channels at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Afni3S-ok.

After polling 59 Bob Jones students, only 4 don’t watch YouTube but even they still knew about the feud. Faith Ward, a senior here at Bob Jones, said, “It doesn’t really affect me, but it’s weird to think Felix may not be the top YouTuber anymore just because he has been at the top for so long.”

Some people believe this is a money-grabbing stunt for YouTube to make money off and others believe that it’s a serious event that could determine who is at the top of YouTube. Mackenzie Edwards said, “This is gaining a lot of attention. Plus Youtube is making money out of this silly feud.”

Most students said PewDiePie. When asked who he was rooting for and why Zachary Fontaine said, “PewDiePie. T-Series mostly botted subs.” Christopher Culver said, “PewDiePie, because T-Series is sub-botting. Which is unfair.”

To be honest, I believe that so many people choose Pewds because he relates to them better. He is just a single person going against an entire company, and he’s still on top. In the words of sophomore Lily Hughes, “The only way this feud will end is if T-Series overtakes Pewdiepie. If they don’t, the joke will die out and nothing will come of it until another random account starts to grow again.”