Madison Chick-fil-A Closing?!?!

Garret Paschal, Writer

Rumor has it that the Chick-fil-A in Madison will be closing soon.  They have arguably the most customer traffic out of any business in Madison. Unfortunately, it is closing, but thankfully, it is only a temporary close for renovation.

Chick-fil-A employee Wesley Burcham declared, “It’s not really a big deal to me. I think it is good for the store because it is in need of a remodel.” He also said that the only problem he has with it is that it affects his pay.

They will officially close on Saturday, February 6th, 2016 and customers can follow their progress at www.facebook.com/CFAMadisonAL, www.twitter.com/@CFAMadisonAL, www.instagram.com/cfamadisonal, or sign up for email updates. The restaurant is scheduled to reopen sometime in early March, but no one knows the exact time.

On WAAYTV.com, Chick-fil-A operator Norman Dull said, “It has been our pleasure to serve our loyal customers, and we look forward to undergoing renovations that will help us better serve them for years to come.”

Mr. Wright, history teacher at Bob Jones and boys golf coach, said, “I’m thankful that Chick-fil-A told us that they would close for renovation in advance. The fundraiser has helped the golf team tremendously. We sell about 200 to 225 biscuits every Thursday and we will continue the biscuit fundraiser through their close, but we will use the Chick-fil-A in Athens or Huntsville. Golf is fairly expensive to travel and play in tournaments, so I would like to thank the student body for supporting the boys’ golf team through our Chick-Fil-A fundraiser.”

The next closest Chick-fil-A is at 4733 University Drive NW Huntsville, which is about 8 miles / 15 minutes from Bob Jones.

After the remodeling, Chick-fil-A will have a dining room that can seat at least 105 people. After the new design is complete, the drive-thru will have two available lanes for ordering.

Bob Jones student Blake Stanley goes to Chick-fil-A once or twice a week.  He added, “Personally, I like Chick-Fil-A, but I think they are doing the right thing by renovating.”

A survey of a 23 students at Bob Jones High School revealed that five students of those 23 students eat at Chick-fil-A about four times a month, and 11 out of those 23 eat there at least once a month.

For some Bob Jones students, it’s going to be a long month.