Women’s History Month

Back to Article
Back to Article

Women’s History Month

Rebecca Robinson, Writer

It’s Women’s History Month! Every year, inspirational women are celebrated in the month of March. They are honored for the historical contributions they made to society, and it’s important to recognize the advancements they created and the role they played in shaping the future. Here are just a few strong women worth knowing about:

Harriet Tubman: Harriet Tubman was an activist who made multiple trips to save enslaved people by using a secret network system known as the Underground Railroad.

Anne Frank: Anne Frank was a young German-born Jewish girl who wrote about her life in hiding during World War II and the Holocaust, which later came to be published in a book titled The Diary of a Young Girl.

Florence Nightingale: Florence Nightingale was the creator of modern nursing, and she taught nurses how to care for wounded soldiers in war.

Amelia Earhart: Amelia Earhart was the first female aviator to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.

Trümmerfrauen: Trümmerfrauen was the name for the women who helped rebuild Germany after World War II.

There are countless women all around the world who serve as influencers to others, and we should also remember to acknowledge the women in our lives. They are people who constantly motivate students around school. Bob Jones student Anaya Chambers said that an inspirational woman in her life is her mom, since “she works so hard to provide for her family and others who need help. She’s always the first to help someone in need.” Student Sija Headrick also chose her mom as an important figure, stating that “she balances us kids and a job” and describing her as a “goddess.”

Women have come extremely far in history, and they continue to encourage, persuade, and pave a path of opportunities for themselves and everyone around them. Who’s an awesome woman in your life?

Rebecca Robinson, Writer

Hi! I'm a senior at Bob Jones this year. I'm in German Club, Writing Club, and National Honor Society. In my free time I enjoy reading, writing, dancing,...

• Women’s History Month

News

April: Animal Cruelty Prevention Month

• Women’s History Month

News

Say Goodbye to Bento Box

• Women’s History Month

News

Madison City Council to Host Opioid Forum at Bob Jones

• Women’s History Month

News

HIV is Cured in a Second Patient

• Women’s History Month

News

AL Youth Strikes Back Against Climate Change

• Women’s History Month

News

The Conversation About Conservation

• Women’s History Month

News

Tornado Hits Lee County

• Women’s History Month

News

Superintendent Parker Proposes Two New Schools at 2019 State of the Schools Address

• Women’s History Month

News

Emoji Glitch Discourse

• Women’s History Month

News

Steamworks’ New “Thing Thursday”

Women’s History Month