The Kylie Jenner Challenge

Artwork+by+Rachel+Bryan.+

Artwork by Rachel Bryan.

Kennedy Booker, Writer, Photographer

New trend — Sucking on a shot glass (Or bottle) to have lips like Kylie Jenner. For anyone living in a cave, Kylie Jenner is a part of the Kardashian family and her lips became noticeably larger out of nowhere. She originally denied having any surgical augmentation done to her lips, but later admitted to getting lip fillers (as if she had really fooled anyone). Impressionable teenagers all across the world started searching for ways to achieve the same look without any surgery. Thus began the Kylie Jenner Challenge.

The way it works is: Sucking on the shot glass causes blood to rush to your lips, which gives it that “plump” look. The outcome is awful though. Participants end up with huge swollen lips and bruising around their mouth. Somehow that’s a challenge. The real challenge is earning back the respect of your peers after doing it.

The fact that anyone would suck on a shot glass to plump up their lips is the only thing more embarrassing than the results from doing it. Our generation is more impressionable than SpongeBob SquarePants. Not everyone is silly enough to try this though.

Bob Jones Senior, Kim Nyugen does not condone doing this. “They’re busting blood vessels in their face. If you want fuller lips, go get lip injections.”

Others think it’s simply just a way to make fun of yet another Kardashian family member.

“I think it’s more so that people are taking it too seriously. A lot of people think that people are actually doing it to try to get lips like Kylie Jenner, but I think the point of it was to make fun of her. I mean, maybe some people are actually dumb enough to think that would work, but I’m pretty sure the point was to make fun of her because everyone knows her lips aren’t real. I personally think it’s the dumbest thing to happen since the cinnamon challenge,” said Auburn University student, Hannah Hossley.

P.S. Don’t do the Kylie Jenner Challenge.