Let’s Talk About Restrooms (Girls)

Serena Osuigwe, Writer

You’re bored in class. You’re dozing off, trying not to hit your head on the desk. You raise your hand and ask to use the restroom.

The restroom is usually a nice place, a peaceful place, like a five-minute getaway from the struggles of school. It’s a place to actually relieve ourselves, if you know what I mean. Being a girl, the girls restroom is kind of the spot to go. Maybe having a little chat with your friends before going to class or a little dance party. A lot of things go down in the restrooms.

Bob Jones girls’ restrooms now have free feminine products, for emergency moments. This is a great and thoughtful gesture, thanks to YAFE. They have also started to decorate the walls of the bathroom with motivational quotes. I feel like that was the best idea yet. It’s nice to look at our bathroom walls to see something uplifting. Students like Adalia Cuddle said, “The things on the walls are great; they should really finish them.”

Some people abuse our restroom privileges by trashing our restrooms. The restrooms usually look clean in the mornings, but there are moments when immature people do childish things. People might be quick to blame the janitors for this issue, but I mostly blame the student body for not cleaning after ourselves. We are old enough to keep our restrooms clean before the janitors have to do it for us. Jordan Evans said, “I don’t like how our restrooms look at times. People messing with things and playing around with the feminine products is not ok.”

For the children in the building, please be respectful of our school and our janitors. The bathrooms were clean when you came to school today; leave them that way throughout the day.