Madtown Indoor Throwdown

The+Bob+Jones+Drumline+performs+their+production%2C+The+Prestige+
The Bob Jones Drumline performs their production, The Prestige

Dave Meyer

Dave Meyer

Matthew Enfinger

This past Saturday, performers from all over the region gathered at Bob Jones High School to compete in the annual Madtown Indoor Throwdown, which is a local Southeastern Color Guard Circuit or SCGC competition that allows performers in Guard, Indoor Drumline and Winds to compete.

The Bob Jones Drumline hosted the event, which began at noon. It allowed students from middle and high schools to compete against each other in classes that divides each school by skill, execution, and talent. Bob Jones Winter Guard performed their show, “Balancing Act” which goes through movements of balancing in the mind and body, awarding them second place out of 3 with a score of 71.48.

Later that evening, the Drumline performed their show, entitled “The Prestige,” directed by Mr. Smart, which describes the three parts of a magic act: The Pledge, The Turn, and The Prestige. During the show, performers display characters that attempt to trick you while all along a magic trick is performed ending with the great reveal of the trick. The Drumline placed second with a score of 79.15.

“I thought the run was good. I mean there were small things here and there, but overall I thought it was a decent run. As the directors told us several times, that was definitely not our greatest run, but we do have the potential. All we, as in each member of the Drumline, needs to have determination and a positive attitude.” commented Hyunwoo Kim, a senior playing marimba in the Drumline. “We just need to try. Try to make one thing better each time we have a rep. Small adjustments can go far. If we are in that mindset, we can have the best run of the BJD [Bob Jones Drumline] season.”

Andy Nguyen, a freshman in the Drumline stated, “I was surprised because I wasn’t as nervous as I thought I was going to be because there was a huge crowd. But, I had a couple of friends in the audience and I actually got pretty excited. I got in a decent run and enjoyed performing.”

“My run was pretty good, I was able to hit most of my notes, and having a home crowd was amazing. The event worked beautifully and was well organized.” commented Aditi Limaye.

The competition brought in a whopping 1,748 people to watch friends and family members perform, which in turn helps the Drumline purchase equipment, pay for trucks, and compete at Winter Guard International World Finals.

• Madtown Indoor Throwdown

Showcase

Patriot Racing Competes at Indianapolis Motor Speedway

• Madtown Indoor Throwdown

Showcase

CPR Saves Lives!

• Madtown Indoor Throwdown

Showcase

How the Other Half Lives: The Techies of BJHS

• Madtown Indoor Throwdown

Showcase

Let’s Get Into Treble

• Madtown Indoor Throwdown

Showcase

Enrichment Day 2017

• Madtown Indoor Throwdown

Showcase

Journey to Prom

• Madtown Indoor Throwdown

Showcase

BJ Students Perform at All-State Choral Festival

• Madtown Indoor Throwdown

Showcase

Biology: Biophilia Center Field Trip

• Madtown Indoor Throwdown

Showcase

Night to Shine, Spreading the Light

• Madtown Indoor Throwdown

Showcase

Valentine’s Day Swing Dance

Madtown Indoor Throwdown