“Snob” Jones Strikes Again

Kylee Henrie, Writer

Another state Trumbauer has come and gone with Bob Jones coming home with victory in many categories. For those of you who don’t know (20% of people in a small survey), Trumbauer is the yearly state competition the drama program competes in after the district competition (which we hosted this year). It is held at a college campus over three days where students from all over the state have moved up in the competition. They share their talents and acting while trying to dominate the competition.

This year the competition was held at UNA. Bob Jones students left the school on Thursday Nov. 30 after school eager and ready to wipe the competition. Many students won in their individual events. Mrs. Davis posted on her instagram the production team winners and congratulated them all for a job well done.

Brenna Kilpatrick won second place in costuming, Varsity;

J.P. DiPietro won 3rd place in Makeup Design, Varsity;

Jaylen Brown won 2nd place in Solo Male Comedic, Varsity, with a piece he wrote himself;

Brendan Worley and Anna Spengler-1st place with their Dramatic Dialogue, Varsity, from To Kill a Mockingbird.

The production team isn’t the only the only ones who won in their individual events. Mrs. Davis also posted the beginning and intermediate winners.

Katie Beth Davis (Beginning Drama)  won 1st place in Comedic Female Monologue, Novice;

Katie Beth Davis and Jude Franks (Beginning Drama) won 3rd place in Comedic Reader’s Theatre, Novice;

Caeden (Peter) Beilstein (Beginning Drama) won 1st place in Solo Male Pantomime, Novice;

Caeden (Peter) Beilstein and Mo McCann (Beginning Drama) won 1st place in Dramatic Duet, Novice;

Caitlyn Richard (Beginning drama) won 2nd place in Solo Female Pantomime, Novice.

Cameron Johnson (Intermediate Drama)  won 1st place in Male Dramatic Monologue, Novice.

Sarah Waldrop and Carden Mayfield (Intermediate Drama) -2nd place in Dramatic Reader’s Theatre, Varsity.

While the individual events are fun, a highlight of the competition is the one act plays. Shelby Kilpatrick, a Bob Jones Student and a member of advanced production said that they are her favorite part of the competition. “It was cool to see what  Bob Jones was up against good or bad.” she said. This year’s play, called “The Recovery Act,” set in an alternate post world war 2 world was a huge hit at the school, and not only because it got kids out of class. Sarah Beth Besherse, a student at Bob Jones, said, “I thought when I watched the play during school it was really good and they deserved to win.” a sentiment shared by many. The amazing news following Trumbauer is that the one act is going to to the next level in competition, representing the state at SETC. Mr. Craft has started a Go Fund Me to raise money to help with the cost of sending the advanced production  class to SETC.

This year’s Trumbauer has come and gone with a flash, with many smiles and victories along the way. Congratulations to all the winners and contestants from Trumbauer 2017, hope next year will be just as grand if not better. To all of those competing in SETC, break a leg

Kylee Henrie, Writer

I am a Junior at, you guessed it, Bob Jones High School. I love writing and drawing, and I dabble in composing music. I plan on going to BYU-ID and want...

• “Snob” Jones Strikes Again

Showcase

Supporting the Patriot Player Family

• “Snob” Jones Strikes Again

Showcase

Cheer: A Redemption Year

• “Snob” Jones Strikes Again

Showcase

DramaFest 2018

• “Snob” Jones Strikes Again

Showcase

Bob Jones Takes 1st Place in First Local beEntreprenurial Competition

• “Snob” Jones Strikes Again

Showcase

Cheering on BJ Volleyball

• “Snob” Jones Strikes Again

Showcase

Poetry Out Loud 2018

• “Snob” Jones Strikes Again

Showcase

Bob Jones Celebrates National Merit Semi-finalists

• “Snob” Jones Strikes Again

Showcase

Kafui Sakyi-Addo: An Interview with the 2018 Homecoming Queen

• “Snob” Jones Strikes Again

Showcase

Homecoming Parade 2018

• “Snob” Jones Strikes Again

Showcase

Homecoming Week: Door Contest

“Snob” Jones Strikes Again