Prom 2018: It’s Almost Time!

Rishi Doreswamy, Writer, Photographer

The prom for 2018 is almost upon us.  For seniors, this is their last dance before college, a little bittersweet as they remember the good times they have had. For juniors, this is their first time going to a huge formal event. The prom is a fun time to hang out with a significant other or a group of friends. Harold Gilmore, a senior, said that prom is a fun time because it brings people together.

The cost is $50 for a single ticket. The ticket can be brought online on the school website or it can be paid by Mrs. Rock in the fee and payment office upstairs. Prom begins at 8 p.m. and ends at 11:30 p.m on April 14.  Mrs. Murray, the prom sponsor, said that the for this year is Marvelous Morocco.                           

Since 2017 the prom has been held at the Westin in Bridge Street and will be held there again. In a survey, 75% Bob Jones students said they prefer the prom to be at BridgeStreet rather than the VBC. Most thought it was better because of its proximity to restaurants like Conners and the Melting Pot. It is an easy walking distance to the dance. They also like having the prom at Westin since the hotel is beautifully decorated with the theme of the prom. There are also good places to take photos in Bridge Street, though a few people prefer going to other places, such as Big Spring Park in Huntsville.          

The 2018 prom princess candidates are Madison Abedi, Aditi Limaye, Kafui Sakyi-Addo, and Raegan Hall.  The prom prince candidates are Jaydon Hill, Ethan Culver, John-Michael Riley, and Omar Ahmed. The prom queen candidates are Aija Abele, Kemi Anderson, Emily Jenkins,  Ashtynn Alford, Allie Dutton, and Anna Sieja. The prom king candidates are Price Howard, Spencer Adkins, Sam Barnes, Isaiah Hatchett, and Isaiah Battle.