Multi Pub Students Place in Top 10 of the ADPH Video Contest

Emily Duong, Writer

The students in Multimedia Publications have placed in the top 10 of the Alabama Mask Up PSA contest! The videos, two in total, were made for this contest to spread awareness of the correct ways to wear masks and how they help to combat COVID-19, as said by the CDC. The first video “That’s NOT a Mask” was directed by Mrs. Panagos, and featured students Emily Duong, Emma Hardy, and Adam Baer. The second video, “Mask up, Alabama PSA” was made by students Katie Tanner, Sarah Williams, and Evan Leahy with teddy bears and voiceover.

Both have made it into the top 10 of the contest, and from the top 10, the public will select the top five winning videos. The winners will be announced on Monday, February 1, 2021. The prizes are as followed: First Place: $600. Second Place: $400. Third Place: $200. Honorable Mentions (2 total): Recognition on ADPH’s website and social media.

You can see our videos and vote for our school’s PSA’s from this link HERE. Vote for BJHS’s videos (near the bottom of the list) as either #1 or #2, then vote every other video as “not a favorite.” Good luck to the Bob Jones’s Multi Pub students! And remember to wear your masks properly everyone, over the nose and under the chin!