The Field of the Ultimate

Chameron Hope, Writer, Photographer

Interested in doing something more intense during Patriot Path?

Ultimate Frisbee is a sport where someone throws a Frisbee to teammates, moving down the field and trying to score. Once someone catches the Frisbee, they can’t move until they pass it to someone else. If the Frisbee drops and hits the ground, then it is the other team’s chance to score.

Playing Ultimate Frisbee is really fun and provides the chance to exercise. The most important thing is getting outside and burning some calories. With America being one of the leading countries in obesity,  using Patriot Path to exercise could actually keep the doctors away. 

Freshman Elijah Norris stated, “You have to be pretty fit, but it’s fun to play. It’s lit.” Being fit is pretty important. This is a sprinting type game. Everyone’s always running somewhere, whether guarding someone or trying to get open.

It also increases the life skill of camaraderie. There are a lot of silent motions and movements to let someone know which direction they should head so that they can pass the Frisbee. Teacher Jeremy Raper, who is the teacher in charge of it during Patriot Path, said, “I think that this is a really good sport. It’s fun and it can teach teamwork. It’s also a good way for someone to just get outside. It’s also really easy because all that is needed is a Frisbee, people, and a big field to play on.”

Advertising for its session during Patriot Path could do some good as well. Some people didn’t even know that it was offered. Senior Sydney Edwards said, “I would have joined, but I didn’t know that it was an option.”