BJ Basketball Needs Your Support!

Sarah Beth Beshere, Writer

Bob Jones has a great reputation for its athletics, and Bob Jones basketball has done some pretty amazing things in the past. Though this season is well underway, our teams are capable of ending the season strong.

This year, the teams have had mixed results. The Junior Varsity girls and the freshman boys have won 3 out of the 5 games that they have played. The Varsity teams have a rocky record thus far, but the girls big win over Columbia and the boys big win over Jemison means that there is still hope.

Coach Tiggs, Coach Starky, Coach Reynolds and Coach Lewis work with the teams almost every day. Akiyah Matthews, a player on the JV girls team, stated, “The coaches do a great job preparing me, even if it means yelling and screaming, but it makes me a better player than what I was and I appreciate their constructive criticism.”

The athletes have to work hard to keep up their grades and play an active role on the team. Whenever they get hurt they work their hardest to get better for their team. Logan Hittle, a freshman player, recently rolled his ankle in a game and worked hard to get back into the line-up. The coaches push the players to their limits but also care for their health.

In a class survey, only 1 of 25 students have actually been to a basketball game this season. The team needs fan support more than ever. 

The Varsity teams play James Clemens Friday, December 8th. Come out and support our Bob Jones basketball teams.

Who doesn’t want to see James Clemens lose? We have fallen short the last few games, but the support from the student might be just what they need to beat JC.