Bob Jones Baseball in the Final Four

Bob Jones Baseball in the Final Four

Ethan Worcester, Writer

Guess who’s in the Final Four for Baseball for the first time in 17 years? We are! Bob Jones baseball plays their first game Friday night at 5:00 and 7:30 against Hewitt-Trussville. The buzz around here is definitely up for the team and all its players as they attempt to make history in becoming the first baseball team from Bob Jones to win state. Many things have gone into this season in making it success from the coaches, to the team, and of course, the fans.

When the team started summer workouts all the way back in the summer of last year, everyone had hopes to make it to this point, but no one really thought it possible. “We knew we had talent but we never thought we’d actually really make it this far. I’m just proud of the team and everything we’ve done,” said John Michael Riley, a player on the team. Coach of the team, Jared Smith, stated, “All the work our boys have put in is finally paying off and now we’re only one win away from Montgomery. And trust me, our boys are hungry and ready to go.” With a win Friday night, the team heads to Montgomery for a chance at their first ever state championship!

In honor of this huge accomplishment, Bob Jones sold Final Four t-shirts for students and faculty alike to buy in support of the team. Everyone is encouraged to come to the game tonight, especially since Bob Jones is hosting. The team hopes for a big turnout and for a large crowd to get behind them and help propel them to a win in the doubleheader. A great game is expected tonight between two great teams, but everyone at Bob Jones is hoping it swings in their favor as Bob Jones takes on Hewitt-Trussville tonight for one of the spots in the state final!