Bundle Up and Support BJHS Soccer Teams!

Gabby Samaras, Writer

Come out and show your support for the BJHS soccer teams this week!

The Varsity Boys play James Clemens on Tuesday, March 5 at 7 P.M. at the Bob Jones turf field. The soccer players seem pretty excited about the game. When asked about the game, Hans Lee (who plays JV soccer for BJHS) said, “I’m looking forward to [our varsity team] beating them.”

Mr. Campbell, the boys’ soccer sponsor, said, “The season is going well so far in spite of several cancellations due to weather. Our varsity boys are ranked 4th in the state having beaten Decatur, Enterprise, and Albertville. Most impressively, our boys tied the #4 team in the country, Westminster-Atlanta, who won state in Georgia last year!”

When asked if the cold would be a factor, Mr. Campbell stated, “Our ‘real’ coach is Coach Spiller. I help where I can, but he’s the man with the expertise. He’s German. We specialize in cold weather! I don’t think it will effect us.”

The girls’ JV Team plays Grissom on Thursday at 8:15 P.M. at Huntsville High School. Sydney Mockaitis, who plays on that team, said, “I’m looking for a win  and for us to improve our skills.” Emma West added, “Playing in the cold stinks, but it’s actually worse for the people in the stands or the people not moving.”

The Varsity Girls play Westminster Oak at Cullman on Friday at 4:00 P.M. Varsity player Georgia White said, “It’s harder to play in the cold, but once you get started, it’s not as bad as it seems.”

Going to games when the weather isn’t ideal, but it shows school spirit and motivates the athletes when they need it most. Be sure to show up and cheer on you fellow Patriots as the boys face off against James Clemens today. And if you’re a super fan, be sure to make the trek to Huntsville on Thursday or Cullman on Friday for our girls’ teams. Game on, Bob Jones!