JV Track Championship

In the first lap of the 1600, Caleb Johnson (09), Luke Allen (09), and Eric Joy (09) pack together. Eric Joy PRd by a second in the race. “Honestly, doing well and improving is my favorite part of track. I know that’s kind of basic, but it takes a lot of work to improve, so it’s gratifying,” said Joy.

Charlotte Droege, Contributor

At the Bob Jones JV Track Championship 1600s, the girls’ and boys’ teams both won trophies. Boys came in 1st place, while girls received 2nd. Every runner did well, but one outstanding runner, freshman Caleb Johnson placed 1st. Molly Halter, another freshman, said, “I like building up to the meet and practices, especially the expectation of improving,” This was her first time placing, and she was really excited about placing 3rd. 

Since the meet was a championship, only the top three of each event got to run for their team. Johnson remarked, “When you come into a track meet you have one of two objectives: you are either running for yourself and your [personal record], or you are running for your team, and this time was all about my team.” Running for the team turned out to be successful since both teams won trophies. Since they did well at the championship, they showed great promise for success at state.