What’s Allowed in the Student Section?

Meaghan Tholstrup, Writer

Baby Powder can be dangerously fun– at least that’s how the administrative staff viewed it when they banned it last year. Abby Tungate, a Bob Jones junior, disagreed with the baby powder rules, saying, “Baby powder is fun and harmless” while other students like sophomore Noah Vermillion agrees with the banning of baby powder and claimed, “It gets in students’ eyes.”

The rules are there to provide a safe but fun environment.  Some activities are more debatable than others.  For example, Riley Hughes, a junior at Bob Jones, said, “We should put paint in water guns and balloons and use those in the Student Section.”

The Student Section is an important part of football games and continues to motivate the players.  With students trying to figure out what’s acceptable in the Bob Jones Student Section, Mr. Quick helped us out by providing administration’s expectations and the reasons behind them. They include the following:

1. Refrain from using any type of profanity or abusive language

Why? This is poor taste/ sportsmanship and others in attendance don’t want to hear such language. It also makes our school look trashy and gives us a bad reputation.

1. Do not bring any type of projectile to be thrown which includes all substances and/or objects

Why? Safety of all those in attendance is priority. Objects thrown can cause injury to others. For example, powder can blow into one’s eyes and burn, an object can hit someone inadvertently, and more importantly no one wants a lawsuit.

1. No alcohol or drug use, possession, etc. will be tolerated, and if caught, students will immediately be escorted out of the stadium

Why? No explanation needed!

1. Be respectful towards one another, the opponent, and others in attendance

Why? We want to uphold the rich tradition of sportsmanship that Bob Jones has become known for over the years.

1. CHEER LOUDLY

Why? To show the team your unwavering spirit and support and that your proud to be a Patriot and that we are the BEST!

Either way everyone just wants to enjoy their time at the game without any problems. To get more creative without getting in trouble, you can go to Pinterest and see creative ideas for student sections.

What would you like to use in the Student Section?

• baby powder (44%, 492 Votes)
  • water guns (25%, 274 Votes)
  • confetti (17%, 194 Votes)
  • party poppers (7%, 80 Votes)
  • toilet paper (7%, 78 Votes)

Total Voters: 1,118

Loading ... Loading ...