Another Victory for Bob Jones

Thomas Harper, Writer

Last week, on March 28th and 29th, many students in the Bob Jones Computer Science department competed at the Northwest Regional Technology Fair.

The fair, hosted by ACTE, held a team programming competition that our students participated in. People from all across north Alabama came to UAH to compete on many different levels(up to Level 5). Bob Jones sent Level 4 and Level 5 teams to compete, with two Level 5 teams placing 1st and 2nd, along with a Level 4 team scoring 2nd place. In the Level 5 category, the 1st place team consisted of Alex Dillon, Hunter Robinson, Eric Black, and Luke Green., with the 2nd place team being Winston Van, Nihar Patel, Joey Li, and Austin Martin. In Level 4, our second place team members were David Li, Xander Voigt, Cheng Zhou, and Evan Osbourn. Daniel Darnell, when interviewed about his experience in the competition, replied, “It was stressful but fun. The time limit was beneficial to improving our programming skills. Over 20 schools participated, but our biggest competition was easily James Clemens, as their computer science program has grown rapidly over the past two years.” These students performed outstandingly, earning their placement as the most skilled programmers in the region.

If you see these any of these students in the halls, congratulate them on their success!