The Coffee and Cake Concert

Casey Kula, Writer

The Bob Jones Chorus will have their Coffee and Cake Concert on Tuesday, September 20th. This concert will be held at Bob Jones High School’s Zompa Auditorium at 7 pm. The concert will have an entrance fee of $5 dollars for students and $10 dollars for adults.

The Coffee and Cake Concert is one of the main sources for chorus funds. Performing at different competitions can be very costly, and these competitions allows these students to improve. By earning this money the chorus is able to gain different necessities for performing including, getting the piano tuned, dress and tuxedo costs, trip expenses, sheet music purchases, and paying a professional piano accompanist.

This concert will present the choruses and a variety of solos and ensembles. Music range from “Bach to Rock”, a repertoire for all ages. A range of students will be featured in this concert sharing their talent with solos and ensembles they have prepared.

“The concert is really fun because we get a wide variety of music so people can hear really cool choral music  and even songs of different styles they might recognize, which showcases our talents both as a chorus and as individuals.” Michaela Philip, a chorus student and a soloist for the show, said.

After the concert, a reception will be held in the auditorium lobby. Desserts will be served including many donations from different local businesses and companies. Some companies and businesses that donated; Liberty Specialty Foods, Nothing Bundt Cakes, and Mad Al’s Gourmet Coffee.

Some other upcoming events to look forward to is the Winter Concert on December 8th at 7pm and the Madrigal Dinner at the Messiah Lutheran Church on February 28th at 7pm.