What Some Students are Up to for Spring Break

Rebecca Shin, Writer, Photographer

Though taking a trip to the beach seems cliché, there are other ways that some high schoolers are taking advantage of the week off for spring break.

A common activity that students are engaging in is visiting family. The week off is the perfect time to spend time catching up with family.

Junior Morgan Scott said, “I’m going to visit my brother in San Francisco.” “I don’t know what I’m gonna do yet since I’m letting him plan everything out for me,” she added, thrilled at being able to visit her brother in California.

Another student, freshman Adele Rosendale, voiced, “I’m going to visit my dad in Georgia.”

A few students are also taking advantage of the break by visiting university campuses to help determine their college decisions.

Nicole Ricketts, a junior, said, “I’m going to Florida for college tours.” Particularly, she will visit campuses in West Florida and Pensacola.

A senior, KK Bullard, will also take the time to visit college campuses to assist in her final college decision.

Some students are also using the break to go out of the country such as Abby Bates, a senior who is visiting Cancun with her friends. “I’m going to Mexico because a friend of mine is playing baseball down there and I want to support him,” Abby said.

Another student going out of the country is junior Reed Player. “I’m going on a cruise through some islands and beaches in South America,” explained Reed.

However, students can also enjoy some leisure time by staying in town like twins Niya and Nola Woods. “We’re just going to chill in Madison and do some shopping in Nashville,” they said.

Whether it’s going out of state, out of the country, or staying at home, it’s agreeable that the week long break is greatly appreciated among these high schoolers to catch up on family, go on trips, or to sleep in.