Sign up for the Furry Friends 5k 2017!

Lakyn Shepard, Writer

The 2nd annual Furry Friends 5k sponsored by the Madison Animal Rescue Foundation (MARF) will be held Saturday, March 25th. The organization was made to rescue, provide medical care, and find the right home for vagrant animals around the Madison area.

The Student Ambassadors here at Bob Jones will be hosting this event and have been planning it since the beginning of the school year.

Paige Jacobson, one of the Student Ambassadors, said, “This is the second annual 5K that the Ambassadors have hosted. It’s definitely been an interesting path putting the event together but it’s been a great chance to learn, push ourselves, and collaborate with a lot of people in the community.”

Alex Clark, also a Student Ambassador, said, “The Ambassadors love to give back to the community! This is a fun race for an amazing cause. Anyone can do it, no dog required.”

Sign-ups start at 8 am and the race starts at 9 am. Students and adults also have the option to sign up online here. The cost is $15 per student and $20 per adult and the race will be on the practice fields off of the Eastview parking lot. The Student Ambassadors will also be collecting dry dog food, puppy pads, collars, and leashes that will be donated to MARF.

Show your support and come on out with your furry friends!