Halloween: Enjoying the ‘Scary’ Holiday

Avery Beckham and Rebecca Robinson

Lamps

Lamps

Abbigail Jackson, Writer

The month of October brings the season of fall and Halloween. Many kids and sometimes even teens and adults dress up in costumes for the holiday to either party or go Trick or Treating. What else is there to do?

The site Rocketcitymom.com suggests activities like the ghost walks in Decatur, Athens, And Huntsville. There is a also the suggesting of taking a ‘Spooky Halloween Makeup & Prop Class’ where you can learn to do life-like makeup for your Halloween costume and even learn how to make an average five dollar prop look awesome.  

Some people will go to haunted houses, corn mazes, or just pass out candy at their house or at a local trunk or treat event. You can also have a scary movie marathon. If you don’t like scary stuff, you can also go to pumpkin patches like Tates Farm or Lyons Farm.

Many people getting ready for Halloween. Chloe Henderson, a sophomore, enjoys “carving pumpkins and finding a costume.” Phoenix Johnson, a freshman, said, “I think Halloween gives people a chance to be something they’re not.” Brenna Kilpatrick, a senior, said, “I need time to wear costumes without judgment or convention tickets.” 

But that also brings us to the the question, “How old is too old for trick or treating?” Well, a survey on today.com found that 73% of the people who took the survey thought that teens between the ages of 12-17 should stop the trick-or-treating fiasco. 

Whatever you decide to do this Halloween, be safe and have fun!