Homecoming: The Experience

Marissa Liriano, Writer

Homecoming… It’s an experience. Though the game, parade, and Court are important, many students looked forward to Saturday’s dance the most.

Before the dance, many students kids took photos and then went out to eat. Students took photos at places like Big Spring Park, Bridge Street, Downtown Madison, and Adtran. For dinner many students made reservations on Bravo, Sakura Hibachi, Grille 29, and BJ’s.

Claire O’Neal, an 11th grader at Bob Jones, noted one big change about the dance. “I believe that the prices were too high because I attended Homecoming last year and there didn’t seem like anything too extra was added to the dance. I did enjoy Homecoming, but if I could add one thing, it would be to have free food and drinks included as well.”

Sophomore Tracy Benson stated, “ I haven’t really seen a big change in Homecoming because I’ve only been attending this school for two years. I believe tickets were a little too high. I feel like if you are buying a couple’s ticket there should be a discount, but overall I did enjoy the dance.”

Senior Kiara Gunn stated, “If we could add one thing to the dance, I say props to take pictures with.”

Kaylee Rowland, a freshman, added, “I thoroughly enjoyed the Homecoming Dance, but the music was very hard to dance to on your own. Most of the songs were made to be danced with a partner and not everyone had a date.” Some students suggested having slower or a different type of music in the courtyard.

On the whole, most people surveyed seemed to enjoy the dance and thought that it was a worthwhile experience.