Bob Jones JROTC Inspection!

William Spiegel, Writer

Expect to see members of Bob Jones AFJROTC looking sharp on February 7th. It’s a big day for our peers in JROTC, as an inspector is coming to review the entire unit. Chief Master Sgt.  Kinney Ret. will be coming to Bob Jones and inspecting every aspect of the unit to the closest degree.

Why is this inspection so important to our school’s unit? The Distinguished Unit with Merit award is determined by how the unit performs during this inspection. This coveted award is only given out to the best units in the country. “I’d like to earn the DUA, so we can set an example to the freshman in the unit, who will get their 2nd chance to earn the DUA in their senior year,” said Bob Jones senior and ROTC team director Nick Valentin.

Tensions, along with expectations, are high for this affair. Cadets have been preparing for this inspection for almost a year, and are hoping for top marks. “I’m preparing for this inspection by helping make sure our teams are all in order as well as helping make sure cadets are really focusing and prepping for the upcoming uniform inspection,” said Valentin.

On the seventh, don’t expect to see your peers in JROTC in their first block classes. At that time all cadets will be forming en mass in the small gym. Once every cadet is present, and in formation Chief Kinney will perform a mass inspection of the unit. He’ll make his way through the assembled cadets checking their uniforms, and their knowledge of plebeship material. Once Chief Kinney is satisfied with what he’s seen, the formation will disband and return to normal classes.

After the unit’s mass inspection is completed our JROTC senior leadership will present Chief Kinney a presentation highlighting the units activities and achievements. From there, Chief Kinney will go over the unit’s records, making sure everything in the ‘books’ is straight and copacetic. Once Chief Kinney has seen all the unit has to offer, he’ll present his findings in a meeting with Mrs. Lambert.

A lot is on the line for our JROTC unit during this inspection. Saying cadets are stressed is an understatement! So if you see or know anyone in JROTC, be sure to wish them luck!