New Studies on BJHS Students!

Tiffany Wu, Writer

This year, Bob Jones High School is offering a new AP course to students: AP Research. This Advanced Placement course is the course that follows the AP Seminar course that was offered for the first time in the 2017-2018 school year. By taking these two courses, students can earn the AP Capstone Diploma (if four other AP Courses are passed in addition to passing Seminar and Research) or the AP Seminar and Research Certificate (if Seminar and Research is passed). In the AP Research class, students are able to find a subject they are passionate about and develop their own real-life study about it. After the study and research is complete, students will be able to publish their works online.

Two students who are currently involved in this class have decided to survey southeastern high school students, this includes our very own school: Bob Jones High School. Any student at Bob Jones High School can be a part of these new research studies just by taking a few minutes to answer these two surveys attached at the bottom of the page.

The first survey is about the correlation between high school student personality traits in relation to their social media use. Many studies in the past have involved adult subjects, and have found that there is a correlation between certain traits and certain aspects of social media. There have been no studies done specifically on high school students in our area, so it will be interesting to see the results of how students from Bob Jones tend to act on social media in relation to their personality traits.

Tony Tian (12), another student in the AP Research course this year, has decided to do his research on possible traits that influence high school impulsive buying decisions. This research is important because “no data or research has even been conducted in this field and the addition of such to the field will allow for further exploration into the topic.” His survey asks a few simple questions about several situations at the store and whether or not students would make a purchase on something they want.

The surveys will only take 5-10 minutes combined, and the questions are short and simple. If you have this time, please feel free help the Bob Jones High School research class by becoming part of their research and taking the surveys below:

https://goo.gl/forms/D0yNHYz9vLnSS7gr1

https://goo.gl/forms/dpX9gc1vIsbD1hwt1