Yearbook Sales End Feb. 1

Tiffany Wu, Contributor

Football season is over, first-day jitters have long passed, and the school year is nearing the end. Whether you are a freshman or a senior, buying a yearbook will help you keep all your high school memories alive in the years to come. The yearbooks are only $75 for a personal copy filled with over two hundred pages of memories, but the deadline to order one is this Friday, February 1, 2018. Here are just five of the most important reasons to buy a yearbook this year:

1. The yearbook is always filled with priceless memories. High school only lasts for four years, and if you did not already know, those years pass by in the blink of an eye. Let the yearbook hold on to all your memories with thousands of photos while you live in the moment!

2. There are limited copies of the yearbook, which makes it a lasting collectible! You will never be able to get your hands on your own, official 45th edition of the Bob Jones High School 2018-2019 Yearbook if you don’t take action now. Not only is it a collectible, but yearbooks can last for lifetimes.

3. It’s important to reflect on the past, and remember what your friends and classmates looked like before they grew up (or became famous). In a couple of decades, you may even want to look back at what was trending when you were in high school, because those trends may make a comeback, too.

4. Especially if you are a senior this year, it is important to cherish your grade school memories as you graduate. Buying a yearbook helps celebrate your graduation as you move on to the next stage of your life. A senior at Bob Jones, Laurel Leslie, noted that “I would like to purchase a yearbook so that I can reflect on classmates and memories for years to come.”

5. Finally, the best reason to purchase a yearbook is so that you can join the excitement when the yearbooks arrive in May! Signing yearbooks with your classmates and looking for photos of those you know are high school traditions that you do not want to miss!

The staff has been hard at work crafting a yearbook for every student and staff/faculty member to enjoy. Mrs. Polak, the new yearbook adviser, stated that “I am personally quite excited about the cover design and all the elements we have going on. Students can also look forward to a photography-centered book that represents a variety of students in various settings, whether that be athletics, academics, students life, or serving alongside one of our many clubs and organizations. This year we’ve added a Flashback spread as well as a Summer spread to highlight those activities that often go unrecognized given our spring book delivery.”

Yearbook sales end on February 1, 2018, and the books only cost $75. If you have not already ordered one, you can pay online through the Bob Jones payment website, or see Mrs. Rock in the fee payment office.