Seeking Patriot Pantry Donations

Brandon Smith, Writer

Patriot Pantry is a school resource for students who need snacks or hygiene items that they might not be able to afford. 

Mrs. Murray said, “The SGA is working to re-open the Patriot Pantry by December. The Patriot Pantry Drive will run from November 13-26. Several clubs and honor societies are participating in this venture.”

The following items are needed for the Patriot Pantry:

• packs of crackers (cheese/peanut butter), Poptarts

• hygiene pack (10 travel-size items in a Gallon Ziplock):  shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, lotion, soap, deodorant, chapstick, hair ties, shower cap

She added, “Teachers with the Patriot Pantry symbol on their door will have supplies available for Bob Jones students who need the items. Our goal is to help the students feel like these basic necessities will give them one less thing to stress about in life.”

Kayla Hill, a student who has benefited from the Patriot Pantry, said she would love to see more students talk about the fundraiser who have also benefited from it. Some students like Julie Linehan and Isabella Loggins said that they would donate out of the kindness of their hearts just because they know there are people who need them. If you’re not in one of the participating clubs and honor societies and you want to donate, you can drop off your donations to Mrs. Murray.