Super Bowl Tailgate Food is in Need of an Upgrade

I’n done with your ranch dip. I’m done with your undercooked wings. I need something more.

needpix.com

needpix.com

Ally Hayes, Writer

The Super Bowl is coming up this Sunday, February 2nd, and with football comes a need for snacks. Whether it be stressed out snacking or mindlessly shoving food in your face as players race down the field, food is a necessity when it comes to watching football.

Sure, you could stick to the typical, repetitive and boring snacks like wings, pizza, and ranch dip to keep your guests fed and happy, but you could step it up a notch and impress your friends and family with homemade recipes from jalepeno poppers to buffalo chicken dip.

Many students turn to Delish.com for new ideas on how to up their snack game with links to recipes such as buffalo chicken dip, pretzel ring beer cheese dip, and bunless burger bites.

Other suggestions include Martha Stewart’s pull-apart pigs in a blanket and bacon-wrapped potatoes. One culinary student, Jackie Jory recommended a spinach and artichoke dip cheesecake that could be spread on crackers or sliced baguettes. 

But let’s not forget about the sweet-tooth in the family. Delish.com offers many ideas on inventive and easy desserts for the person who just needs a little something sweet. S’mores nachos and cookie dough cheesecake could be exactly what you need to set off the savory with a small something that pleases the palette. 

After all, no one wants to eat the same things every year, so try to shake up your go-to’s with a little bit of creative fun that everyone will enjoy as you sit back and get your game on.