Environmental Club Survives The Demolition of The Greenhouse

Pexels.com

Pexels.com

Kaitlyn Hathaway, Contributor

It’s a brand new year and that means there are dozens of clubs for students to try out.  The Bob Jones Environmental Club has grown a ton this year and has much more to offer than you think. The club focuses on and discusses issues affecting anything from the neighborhood park to the entire continent of North America. According to the sponsor, Ms. McFarland, “Our goal is to use our club funds, collective minds, and knowledge about the environment to make our community as environmentally conscious as we can.”

This year will definitely be a little bit different from last year since our greenhouse was demolished yesterday due to the construction of the new addition to the school,” She said, “We are unsure of a timeline, but we’ve been told that a new greenhouse will be built to replace our previous one.” 

Due to the construction of the new building in the bus loop, some of the normal activities that the Environmental club participates in have been relocated. Ms. McFarland has said that there will be a fundraiser later this year by selling reusable water bottles to students and teachers at our school. All funds will go toward events and projects conducted by the environmental club. 

All students are encouraged to join to help make a difference in our community! With the help of our student body, we can change people’s lives for the better and create a safer and healthier environment. To join, all you need to do is attend a meeting that happens every Wednesday in B202 and pay a $15 fee either in cash or online. For additional information, students can reach out to the club president, Claire Garrett at [email protected] or Ms. McFarland at [email protected].