What’s for Christmas?

Emma Mullinax, Contributor

It’s finally Christmas Eve, and it’s about time to open presents. What are Bob Jones students hoping to find under the tree? Most of the students voted in our Christmas poll that they wanted money, a new phone, earbuds, and new clothes.  

Money can be and has always been a gift that people could give on Christmas. Let people buy themselves what they want. They can also combine their monetary gifts and maybe get something that one gift-giver couldn’t otherwise afford.

Another thing that people still get for Christmas is a phone. A new iPhone 13 Pro can be from $999 to $1099. Though it would be oh-so appreciated, you can get cheaper phones. A phone could cost $30- $100 dollars a month for a prepaid cell phone plan. It could cost $50-$70 a month with Sprint that has unlimited prepaid phone plans. A phone could also cost $35-$55 a month for Virgin Mobile. 

Top-of-the-line earbuds can also be pricey. You can get regular earbuds at Target, Best Buy, and Walmart. They are around $5-$25 on the low end, but if you want AirPods, you’ll be spending much more with 3rd gen Airpods costing $179, AirPods Pro $249, and Airpods Max $$549. 

There are a couple of people who just want clothes. You can find fun t-shirts, pajama pants, and cozy socks that most people want for Christmas in the $15+ range. Name brand items can be much more expensive, and this might be one of the best times to give money and allow recipients to pick out their own name-brand clothes.

BJ student Oliva Lekas said, “I usually never know what I want specifically, so I usually go with art supplies or books or just anything that correlates to my interests.” Whether you’re into art, music, sports, fashion, tech, books, or some random fandom, we hope that you find what you’re looking for under the tree. Merry Christmas, Patriots!