Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Come Grab a Slice: Five Nights At Freddy’s

A Movie Promotion

The Five Nights at Freddy’s Games has been a giant franchise since August of 2014. It is a game about a night guard who works 5 days a week at a pizzeria for the night shift with kid-entertaining animatronics who have sinister mindsets in the night. Recently it was announced a movie of the game will be released on October 27, 2023.

65.7% of people surveyed said they are excited about the movie. Many fans said that they have been in the fandom for over 7 years, some even said they had been in the fandom since the first games release date, in 2014. Most people are excited to see Josh Hutcherson (the main actor) who plays Michael in the movie. He also played Peeta Mellark in “The Hunger Games.” 

Ever since the main creator Scott Cawthon sold the game franchise ownership to another game development center in 2021, many fans were affected by his decision and thought the game series would never be the same. However, fans supported Scott unconditionally and most fans were ecstatic when finding out Scott was going to be one of the writers for the upcoming movie.

Fans have grown to appreciate all the games over the years, but most fans said that they never expected a movie for the franchise. This may be due to people saying the game is “childish” and “cringe.”The game has a creepy lore factor.

Emma Tammi (the director) is best known for her movie “The Wind” (2018). Scott Cawthon said he sees that Emma understands the franchise and Cawthon thinks that she can ‘create something interesting while having people at the edge of their seats.’ Hopefully, the movie’s release in October 2023 will be just in time and perfect for Halloween.

So, what do you say? Will you come join Freddy Fazbear, Bonnie the Bunny, Chica the Chicken, and Foxy the Pirate Fox for a slice?

About the Contributor
Nevaeh Plott
Nevaeh Plott, Contributor
I'm in 9th grade, and I currently am in Theatre and trying to join Photography and Best Buddies! I currently want get my counseling degree and become a therapist.