Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Are You Ready for Freddy?

Are You Ready for Freddy?

Creator of popular horror game franchise Five Nights at Freddy’s, Scott Cawthon, along with Universal Pictures Blumhouse have recently confirmed the release date of the movie to come out this year on October 27th in their most recent movie trailer from August 30th. This movie is set to release at both home streaming and in theaters at the same time, so everybody who rents the movie and purchases tickets will be able to see it at their own convenience!

There is a mixed reaction of people and fans of the Five Nights at Freddy’s series reportedly being split about whether they are excited about the movie coming out, with some being uninterested due to not knowing what the series is about or only recently finding out about it, others who are semi-interested with the movie announcements due to knowing about the series for a few years and then losing interest in the progress as more time went on but don’t mind seeing it, and then there’s the people who are excited and highly anticipating the movie due to their large investment of the fan community over time, either being there since the beginning or very near the beginning – Five Nights at Freddy’s has been around since August of 2014!

But just because there are people that like the series doesn’t mean that there aren’t fans that do not have critiques about the movie that comes from just the trailers released about it, with there being some controversy over some of the design choices that were featured in the trailers regarding the animatronic stars that the movie will be featuring – Fans were most notably conflicted about the color of the eyes that were shown off for the first trailer, and what the red coloring would symbolize since it would affect the plot of the movie, with some people thinking that red eyes would be too cliche for a movie and franchise about killer robots and were worried that it was a way of integrating “common” movie features that would make the Five Nights at Freddy’s movie too comparable to other movies with a similar premise. 

Not all is bad regarding the critiques of what has been shown so far, with the opposite side praising the company Jen Henson’s Creature Shop for making the animatronic performers and performer costumes look like they are nearly exact replicas of the models that are used in the Five Nights at Freddy’s games – with some people even being reported to say that they could be considered “straight out of them.”

Overall, regardless of the opinions, we are anticipating to see what the Five Nights at Freddy’s movie has in store when it comes out on October 27th.

About the Contributor
Abby Carney
Abby Carney, Contributor
Hi! I go by Abby. I'm a senior this year, I like drawing and talking to friends primarily in my free time and a career choice that I'm interested in is any job relating to aerospace engineering.