Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Halloween Costumes for 2023

There are many cool Halloween costumes, but according to our research conducted through a survey of Bob Jones students and outside sources, these are the top ten Halloween costumes of 2023.  

1. Pumpkin

This year many people are going as a pumpkin. Most people are carving out cardboard in a pumpkin shape and wearing it. Some people are deciding to buy a whole pumpkin costume. Most pumpkin costumes are bought from Amazon.

1. Grim reaper

The Grim Reaper is a classic costume and has been very popular for many years, so there is no surprise that many children/teenagers are going as the Grim Reaper this year.

1. Ninja

The Ninja has always been a simple and popular choice for Halloween. Boys and girls can go as ninjas. This year is just like any other. You will see many ninjas searching for candy on Halloween night.

1. Ghostface

Ghostface has always been a popular character for boys to go as on Halloween night. He is very frightening with his knife. He is from the movie Scream.

1. Skibidi Toilet

Skibidi Toilet is a new choice for younger kids this year. The hit meme went viral during the summer and now kids are completely obsessed. Some are replicating Skibidi Toilet by using a cardboard toilet and sitting in it just like a Skibidi toilet. 

1. Elvis

Elvis has always been a popular choice to wear for Halloween for years now. With the release of the movie Elvis and also the new movie Priscilla, it will be even more popular this year. People will do Elvis’s popular hairstyle and wear colorful clothing. Some have even carried a guitar to replicate him even better.

1. Princess Peach

Following the release of the Mario movie, it is easy to see why Princess Peach will be a very popular costume this year. The Mario movie did very well this year in and out of theaters.

1. Mario and Luigi

From our surveys and research, many people said they were going as Mario or Luigi. This is probably due to the release of the movie earlier this year. Some people are going with a friend to pair Mario and Luigi.

1. TMNT

Recently the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie was released and was very popular with teenagers. The movie did very well so it is no surprise people will be going as the turtles.

1. Barbie and Ken

The Barbie movie was one of the most popular movies this year. We expect many couples to go together wearing a Barbie and Ken costumes. Most people will make the costume at home, but Party City also offers Barbie and Ken costumes.

About the Contributors
Hunter Edwards
Hunter Edwards, Contributor
I am in 9th grade. I like playing sports such as football, basketball, and soccer. I enjoy playing video games. When I grow up, I want to be a lawyer.
Mikael Robison
Mikael Robison, Contributor
I am a freshman. I'm going to play soccer for Bob Jones. I play soccer for my club team right now. I don't have a career interest right now, so I hope to find one. I think I want to go to college, but I don't know what for.