Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Ren Faire

Hear ye! Hear ye!

On the weekend of October 28-29, the Alabama Renaissance Faire was held in downtown Florence. The square in which the festival was held was filled with many vendors and entertainers. Lords and ladies waited in line to purchase sustenance in the form of a juicy turkey leg as others browsed among the many artisan tents. Other parts of the square were home to musicians/troubadours or bards and mystic fortune-telling tents. Wizards could be spotted roaming about the park to help guide the lost. Other forms of entertainment included sword fighting, maypole dancing, fire dancing, scavenger hunts, and live music.

It is not uncommon for Renaissance Faire participants to dress up; besides, where is the fun in not taking part in the medieval atmosphere?

The faire in Florence is only hosted the fourth weekend in October. If you missed this faire and wish to visit one sooner than next year, the Tennessee Renaissance Festival is hosted in Arrington every weekend in May. This faire is much larger and features many more performances such as jousting. Huzzah and fare thee well!

About the Contributor
Katie Dougherty
Katie Dougherty, Contributor
Hey, I'm Katie. I'm a senior here at Bob Jones. I am a member of the photography club and the girl's golf team. I enjoy watching movies and doing artsy-related activities. After taking a course in multimedia design, I immediately fell in love with the career path.