Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Indulge Your Sweet Tooth With These Tasty Holiday Treats

Christmas time… there are so many delicious foods that can be easily made to get into the holiday spirit. From festive brownies and frosted cakes to large pies and freshly-baked sausage balls, there is something for every single person to enjoy. Here are some of Bob Jones students’ favorite holiday treats:

Coming in at #3- Hot chocolate

It is one of the more favored holiday treats. Rebecca Feria, a sophomore at BJHS, explained, “I love a good warm drink during the cold weather.” In general, hot chocolate is a popular drink among all ages of individuals ranging from young children and teenagers to older adults. It is also super easy to make. Just take any type of cocoa powder, mix it in either a cup of hot water or milk and top it all off with a handful of marshmallows and a sprinkle of chocolate chips. This is an ultimate treat to keep one cozy throughout the holiday season.

And at #2 Candy cane-flavored treats

A second favorite treat that seems to be well-liked consists of anything candy cane flavored. Some explain peppermint bark is the way to go whereas others say regular candy canes or even peppermint cupcakes are the best. Maddie Carrigg, a junior, shared, “My mom has always made peppermint bark, and it is just so good!” Made with layers of melted chocolate and crushed candy canes, it is a wonderful way to combine different sweet ingredients together to create a masterpiece. 

And with the most votes #1- Cookies

Cookies are almost 100% on everyone’s preferred list of treats. There are so many different types like M&M, gingerbread, sugar and snickerdoodle. Abby Carney, a senior at BJHS, reminded us that the “snowman cookies from Starbucks taste really good.” Cookies are a great way to have fun. Not only can you decorate cookies with a variety of different icings and sprinkles but you can also make them into various sizes and shapes. This will bring out your creativity and, in general, can always be turned into a friendly competition with prizes for the winners. In addition, cookies can make for a nice way to get family together and in the kitchen creating a warm and snug atmosphere. 

In conclusion, you should think about trying one of the top 3 favorite holiday treats mentioned above. Whether your treats are homemade or you buy them from the grocery store, they will get you into the Christmas spirit either way. 

About the Contributors
Dani Kessler
Dani Kessler, Contributor
Hi! My name is Danielle (more known as Dani) Kessler. I am a junior at Bob Jones High School, and this is my first year being a writer for the Patriot Pages. Some of my favorite hobbies include hanging with friends and scrolling through social media. Here at school, I am in Student Ambassadors, National Honors Society, and Art Club! My dream college is The University of Alabama, and I would love to be able to attend. I am interested in either becoming a dental hygienist or even an entrepreneur!
Brynn Fenton
Brynn Fenton, Contributor
Hi, my name is Brynn Fenton. I am a freshman at Bob Jones High School, and this my second year being in a creative writing class. I am in Art Club and hope to join more. Some of my hobbies are scrolling through Instagram, Tiktok, Pinterest, and swimming. Also, I love just hanging out with my family and friends. I hope to be a Dermatologist when I get older and stay in state when I am in college. I want to go to the University of Alabama for college. If being a dermatologist is too much, then I would like to be a travel nurse.