Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What’s Up (Or Really What’s Next) With Fashion?

Whats Up (Or Really Whats Next) With Fashion?

Fashion is one of the biggest things in society, and has been for centuries (basically since we started wearing clothes). They can show your wealth class, your style, your culture, and your personality off! But you might be wondering, “How can I be as fashionable as possible?” Well, you might have come to the right place!! Let’s talk about the upcoming fashion trends of 2024!

To start off, we all know that predicting the future is nearly impossible since humanity is so unpredictable, but looking at statistics is possible. Looking at social media, streetwear, fashion week items, and popular stores’ best selling items can give us an idea for what these trends will be. Now that we know this, let’s get into these trends!

“Girlcore” or Old Money:

In the past few months, bows and lace have slowly crept into the fashion scene, and while most people are separating old money and “girlcore”, I think they can be combined because a lot of these clothing items that are examples overlap. The use of pink is a big detail since it’s used in a lot of clothes like this. Your typical lacy top or a cute pleated skirt will get you very far this year! Put a few bows in your hair and you’ll be looking cute and girly!

Grandpa Sweaters and Baggy Clothes:

Another thing making the rounds in the past few months is baggy clothes and grandpa sweaters! With muted or bold colors, grandpa sweaters can really liven up an outfit. And baggy clothes in general can show personality and style. A pair of baggy cargo pants or jeans and a regular or graphic tee can make a great outfit and so can some jeans and a grandpa sweater!

Eclectic or Accessory Heavy Styles:

Accessory heavy outfits have been a thing for a long time but I personally think this trend will continue into 2024 since it’s so versatile and easy to do. Accessories elevate your outfit by 100 and If you can figure out the perfect combination of things you’ll look stunning. A few necklaces and bracelets can elevate an outfit exponentially and maybe even layering belts and socks if you feel fancy!

“Quiet Luxury”

Quiet luxury is a style revolving around wearing expensive-looking pieces that are actually not that costly. Or clothes that are costly, but don’t have brands on them so you can’t tell! Quiet luxury can consist of a long trench coat, neutral colors, and a sweater but really anything neutral and timeless looking can be considered quiet luxury. Some boots or oxfords can be good shoes for this style but a pair of heels can also look nice!

In conclusion, though fashion can be tricky to predict, these seem to be the trends at least starting 2024. The biggest part of dressing yourself is to have fun and do what makes you happy, so even though these are ideas, you don’t have to follow them! Have fun and stay fashionable!

About the Contributor
Lew Petersson
Lew Petersson, Contributor
Hi hi! I'm Lew and I am a tenth grader! I am part of the theatre program here at Bob Jones and I greatly enjoy drawing, being silly and full of whimsy, acting, and playing and writing music! I'm a big fan of just about anything animated and I love listening to music and analyzing lyrics. I really want to be a history teacher or a voice actor and while I don't have any college plans yet, I do plan on going to college.