Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Pretty Priscilla

Pretty+Priscilla

The young Priscilla didn’t know what she would expect in meeting a celebrity at a party…little did she know her entire life would change.

In this new movie starring the handsome Jacob Elordi as Elvis and doe-eyed Cailee Spaeny as Priscilla, a story kept in the dark comes to light. With this movie, fans of Elvis may soon come to hate him for the way he had treated his wife. This puts a new perspective on what happens behind closed doors with celebrities.

She was a lovesick girl and he was an ambitious rockstar. How could there be any chance for a happy marriage? This movie was based on the book Elvis and Me by the one and only Priscilla Presley. Sofia Coppola, director of the film, captures the true nature of what life was like for Priscilla in her marriage to Elvis Presley. She manages to romanticize the idea of being the picture of beauty and being in love, but the loneliness of being kept in a cage. The film makes you wonder if Elvis really was as great as he was made out to be.

I loved the way this movie was made. It was simplistic, but everlasting in the way that fit the emotions the characters were feeling. Often at times, there was no music in scenes where life seemed mundane for Priscilla. Other times, it was all rushed and exciting to fit the personality of what being with Elvis really meant.

One of my favorite elements of the film was the camera shots they took. In some scenes, it captured the details that made Priscilla, Priscilla. From the perfume she wore, to the way she painted her nails, to the shade of lipstick she dabbed on her lips, it showed the beauty of the woman that was the picture of a lucky woman. However, these shots added on to how these little details changed through the course of her relationship with her husband.

In this movie, it exhibits the nature of being in love and the sacrifices one makes because of it – both the good as well as the bad. If you’re into a film that pulls your heartstrings, then this film is for you! Happy watching!

About the Contributor
Amanda Valencia
Amanda Valencia, Contributor
Heyo! I'm a senior this year, and some of my interests include reading, writing stories, and listening to good music. I aspire to work in a museum to support my dream to be a novelist! Though, I don't have a decision made yet on what college I want to go to yet, I know I'm ready to take on the world!