Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Donate to St. Jude in the Cafeteria This Week

David Gunther
Matt Trulock donating to St. Jude and supporting his grade

Bob Jones students are organizing a project to raise money for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The St. Jude mission is “to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment,” according to the hospital’s website.

The St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is home to thousands of children who suffer from an array of diseases.  Every year, the organization performs advanced research to find cures for these diseases.  The hospital accepts and cares for any child, no matter his or her ability to pay.

Amazingly, the hospital is supported primarily by public contributions.  As a result, it depends upon our donations.

The Bob Jones Peer Helpers have started a project to raise money for the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.  On October 11th, at the Bob Jones homecoming football game, the group managed to raise $700 dollars.  However, the group is not stopping there.

Throughout this week, the Peer Helpers will be collecting money in the Bob Jones cafeteria.  They have set up four jugs, each representing a different grade at Bob Jones.  The grade that has the most money in its jug at the end of the week wins.  Bob Jones also encourages you to donate directly to St. Jude here.

Mrs. Drummond, who is leading the Peer Helpers in this project, cares about the efforts of the St. Jude.  “This is a wonderful organization that helps children in need of care,” she said.  She urges everybody to donate to the hospital.

One of the Peer Helpers, who collects the donations in the lunchroom, said, “Every year, we raise money for the hospital.  It’s important to raise money so that we can save these children.”

The hospital appreciates any and all donations.  Visit www.stjude.org to learn more about the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, and go here to donate to the organization.

About the Contributor
David Gunther
David Gunther, Editor-in-chief
I have a passion for writing. Since I was little, I have been writing for fun. As editor-in-chief of the Patriot Pages, I ensure that our team's passion for the news in the school and worldwide comes through. Among my other interests are running and genomics. I am the captain of the Bob Jones cross country team, and I am the race director of the Run to Kure Infant Disorders (R-KIDs).
Activate Search