Panoply Releases Headliners

Panoply Releases Headliners

Kiandra Davis, Writer

Panoply… It’s a Huntsville tradition, but Madison students and teachers know it well.

“My elementary teachers always made such a big deal of it,” said Mrs. Panagos, creative writing and multimedia design teacher.  “I’m certain that my trips to Panoply had an impact on me as a child, and I think I’ve only realized its worth as I’ve gotten older.  Panoply is a special event, and there aren’t many cities that have something comparable.”

Panoply Garden 2015 press conference has now released their headline singers’ stage lineup music performances. From April 24th to April 26th, the festival will be held in downtown Huntsville in Alabama’s Big Spring International Park. According to their website, there will be more than sixty-five council members present, and local music performers will perform in five different locations of the park.

They will be joined by two major artists and also the music headliners The Indigo Girls and The Secret Sisters. The Indigo Girls are known for songs as “Closer to Fine”, “Galileo”, and “Kid Fears.” The Secret Sisters are known for their 2014 album “Put Your Needle Down.” From Friday to Sunday, artists such as Big Daddy King Fish, The Beasley Brothers, Huntsville Concert Band, Unknown Lyric, Jimmy Henderson Trio, Randolph Theatre, Johnson High School Band Line, Huntsville Ballet School, Lee High School Dance Magnet, The Dawn Osborne Band, Alexander’s Martial Arts, and many more will perform. Along with the performances is the headline poster artwork by Gina Percifull, who created an artwork painting representing Panoply titled, “Phantom Dear John Joins the Show.”

It’s not just the music that excites people, but the art as well. During the festival, they will have art, music, and other activities for children of all ages. Your very own Bob Jones’s artists will have their artwork displayed in the student art tent alongside students from all over North Alabama.

Some other activities that would be found around the festival include face painting, Jammin’ Jellyfish, Community Art Sculpture, Wonder Vision, Cosmic Crowns, Treasure Trackers, and many more. Throughout the park, there will also be vendors with food and drink beverages, so you and your friends and family can have a nice time staying hydrated while you watch all the performances.

Tickets for Panoply 2015 can be bought on http://www.artshuntsville.org/  . Until midnight of April 23, tickets will be $7.50 per person, but after midnight they will go up to $10 per person at the gate.