NPR Podcast Challenge

Katherine Cota-Robles and Brandon Clark

Start brainstorming your podcast ideas over the holiday break…

As of January 1, 2019, students 5th through 12th grade will be offered a chance to participate and compete in NPR’s podcast contest. The National Public Radio is a non profit, news organization, and this contest is a good way to get students interested in radio and podcasting.

The podcast must be between 3 to 12 minutes, cannot have music, and must be submitted by a teacher. Submissions for the challenge close on March 31, 2019. 

Mrs. Panagos, a multimedia design teacher, said, “The website has helpful tutorials for anyone unsure how to make a podcast. If you have a smartphone, you have all you need really, though you can certainly use higher end software and mics. If anyone is interested and needs help, they can stop by C126 during their lunch with questions or for feedback on something they’ve made.”

Sophomore Bree Soto said, “I think it’s a good opportunity for students that enjoy listening/making podcasts. If they’re especially passionate about their topic, I think it’s a really good opportunity for them to grow.” Katie Tanner also said, “I feel that this is a really good opportunity for kids who are interested in making podcasts because if they win, it offers lots of exposure and gives them a platform with lots of listeners.” Gracie Beck voiced her support, “Yes, it is a good opportunity for people who are interested in this. It allows students to do something they enjoy, gain experience, and they could possibly have their podcast aired, which would be a huge accomplishment.”

Mrs. Panagos will submit the entry for any student interested in this contest, though other Bob Jones teachers may choose to participate as well. Winners will be announced April 23, 2019. Click the link for more info:

Overview of Contest

Katherine Cota-Robles, Contributor

I am in 11th grade, and I use to be in cheer but was pulled out due to injures. I also work at Cinemark at Bridge Street, which was formerly Monaco. I...

Brandon Clark, Contributor

Hello, my name is Brandon Clark. I am a sophomore in Bob Jones High School, and I am very passionate about the art of photography and capturing the small...

• NPR Podcast Challenge

News

Women’s History Month

• NPR Podcast Challenge

News

Tornado Hits Lee County

• NPR Podcast Challenge

News

Superintendent Parker Proposes Two New Schools at 2019 State of the Schools Address

• NPR Podcast Challenge

News

Emoji Glitch Discourse

• NPR Podcast Challenge

News

Steamworks’ New “Thing Thursday”

• NPR Podcast Challenge

News

Happy Birthday President Lincoln!

• NPR Podcast Challenge

News

Superintendent Parker and Principal Lambert Address Rumors

• NPR Podcast Challenge

News

B-Jay Snow Day!

• NPR Podcast Challenge

News

Madison City Schools Receive an ‘A’ on 2017-2018 Report Card

• NPR Podcast Challenge

News

Ways to Honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

NPR Podcast Challenge