Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Flu Shots at Bob Jones

October is considered the start of the flu season. The flu virus is very serious because it can lead to illness, hospitalization, and possibly death. To help our students and staff stay healthy, students can opt to get their flu shots here at school. When getting your flu vaccination, know that you are helping the entire school with their health. 

Flu vaccinations will be on September 29, 2023 during the first block. The Vaccinate AL’s Kids (VAKS) are an organization of a local group of peditrications. Consent forms were sent out on August 23, 2023 and need to be returned by September 28, 2023. You will only receive a flu shot if you have signed and turned in your consent form. There are no costs to the flu vaccinations, insurance should pay for it all. If you do not have insurance it will still be free of charge. 

Sheila Kasulka, an RN nurse in our school stated, “ People should get the flu shot because it helps themselves and others not get the flu.” I also asked the nurses if they think it is going to be a bad flu season, and their responses was that it depends if they made the flu shot strong enough. If the flu shot is not strong enough, it can still spread. They have not seen any signs of the flu, yet but there will definitely be a peak in a couple of weeks. 

Students must fully complete a consent form and include insurance information before getting a flu shot.

CLICK HERE for consent form. 

About the Contributor
Brynn Fenton
Brynn Fenton, Contributor
Hi, my name is Brynn Fenton. I am a freshman at Bob Jones High School, and this my second year being in a creative writing class. I am in Art Club and hope to join more. Some of my hobbies are scrolling through Instagram, Tiktok, Pinterest, and swimming. Also, I love just hanging out with my family and friends. I hope to be a Dermatologist when I get older and stay in state when I am in college. I want to go to the University of Alabama for college. If being a dermatologist is too much, then I would like to be a travel nurse.