Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Happy Fall Break!

Oct. 2-6
Graphics Artist: Molly Ramirez

Madison City Schools will be closed for Fall Break.

Fall Break is approaching and both students and faculty are awaiting its arrival! This year we are getting out of school the first week of October which is the 2nd through the 6th. With only a few more weeks to go until this much-needed vacation, we decided to ask students about their plans for the break!

If you and your family are still trying to figure out where to go this break, maybe you should think about following sophomores Mia Lawrence and Robert Kil in their plans to go to the beach! Like many others, these students cannot wait to spend their week away from school relaxing on the beach, tanning on the sand, and exploring a scene much different from Madison, AL.

If the beach isn’t the place for you, don’t worry. Many students are planning to use this time to visit their family members who reside in other states! Maybe you have family in Maine like Rylee Guimond, who is a junior here at Bob Jones. This is Nevaeh Plott’s first year at Bob Jones and she is starting her Fall Breaks strong by traveling to Tokyo, Japan!

If you are an adrenaline junkie like freshman Katelyn Smith, maybe you should consider visiting an amusement park. She plans on traveling to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, and going to Dollywood with her family! Disney World is a great place to visit if you want to unlock old childhood memories, or maybe you would prefer flying high above the park on Six Flags’ popular ride, Superman: Ride of Steel. You have plenty of options for a thrilling experience.

Whether or not you plan on traveling this fall break, everyone can agree that the week off is much needed. Freshman Mikael Robison and Tatum Kingston are both looking forward to sleeping in and not having to stress out about schoolwork.

School can be overwhelming for many students, so they need to have periods where they do not have to focus on their academics. Many people feel overworked and have a crushing workload that doesn’t allow them to focus on the things they truly enjoy. By having these longer breaks during the school year, they can spend time doing the things that they find truly fulfilling.

In a study conducted by Brock University, it was revealed that 92.5% of participants experienced increased stress levels in the week leading up to fall break. After the break, students were then asked if the time away from school reduced their stress levels and 83% said it did.

No matter how you plan on spending your time off from school, I’m sure everyone can agree that it is important to take these breaks and focus on yourself for a change.

Graphics Artist: Marlee Gorey
About the Contributor
Jayla Worsham
Jayla Worsham, Contributor
My name is Jayla Worsham, and I am a senior at Bob Jones. I am in Mu Alpha Theta, NEHS, and Patriot Paws. I like to bake random recipes I find on TikTok, read books suggested by my friends, and watch bad horror movies like The Velocipastor. I am planning on going to the University of South Alabama and majoring in something like biology or health sciences. I'm still trying to decide on a career, but I think occupational therapy would be a good option.