Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Are You Too Old for Trick or Treating?

Are You Too Old for Trick or Treating?

Halloween is a fun little holiday that kids all love to celebrate as they can get free candy, go to different events, and dress up as their favorite characters.  While it seems the fun could last forever, you soon start to grow up.  When this happens, people question if you should be able to enjoy the trick-or-treating festivities or not.  According to a “TODAY News” survey, 17% of adults believe that after 17-18 years old, you shouldn’t trick or treat.  They believe that they should save some of the candy for the little kids so that they can have the same experience some of the older kids had.

However, 46% percent of adults who took the survey believe that trick or treating should not have a limit at all.  Though the older kids (17-18 years old) are beginning to age out of the demographic, they are still kids.  These adults believe that these kids should have as much fun as everyone else on Halloween night.

On the other hand, some teens choose not to go trick or treating.  Some kids have grown out of it and lost their enthusiasm for it.  Cassidy Hinkle, a freshman at Bob Jones High School, used to go trick or treating when she was younger but chooses not to anymore.  “I just don’t find it as fun anymore I guess and I’m older now,” she said.

This is not the case with every kid, however.  Some kids still do get that thrill of going door to door to experience different surprises that the neighbors have to offer on Halloween.

Some kids go to different Halloween parties with their friends.  Some may just go to a haunted house or go to a scary horror movie with friends to get the thrill of a lifetime. Not being able to go trick or treating doesn’t stop some teenagers from having fun and enjoying their night.  There are multiple activities to do other than trick or treating that can be just as fun and enjoyable.  Though it is intended for smaller kids, everyone should be able to enjoy different Halloween activities if they want and choose to.  The more people participating, the more fun you’ll get out of your Halloween night!

About the Contributor
Tyler Parker
Tyler Parker, Contributor
My name is Tyler and I'm in 9th grade with a 4.25 GPA. I am in the Film and Animation club and SGA, and I run track. I like to hang out with friends, and I would like to be a film director as my future career.